Koko from Adorable Labs, Alquippa, PA
He is a combination of the American Style of Lab (also known as “The Field Lab”) and the English Style of Lab (also known as “The Show Lab”) he is big and blocky weighing about 100 lbs. Most of the puppies he has sired have his big blocky build.
He is now enjoying a retirement life as the only fur baby of a wonderful family.
We are sad to report that Koko crossed The Rainbow Bridge today 27 November 2018. Although not long enough in our opinion, he lived a wonderful 11 1/2 years. We love you and will miss you our great big boy.
Koko's Health Testing Results
- Koko is CLEAR for the following diseases except Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC). This means his genetic tests found him to have two NORMAL genes for each of these and 1 of the two for EIC.
- Degenerative myelopathy
- Congenital macrothrombocytopenia
- Myotubular myopathy
- Progressive retinal atrophy. Cone-rod dystrophy 4
- Pyruvate kinase deficiency
- Exercise Induced Collapse
- Progressive retinal atrophy, Progressive rod-cone degeneration
- He is a carrier for Exercise Induced Collapse (EIC). As long as he is not paired with another carrier of EIC, this disease will not be passed on to his puppies.
Two dogs that are both carriers for any canine disease should NEVER be bred together! At least 25% of the litter will be born with the disease and this is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. If a breeder cannot show you proof of the parents health tests, I would recommend you find a new breeder to purchase from.
KOKOs Orthopedic Foundation For Animals (OFFA) Test results: